Sunday 14 April 2013

Creative Writing with Mrs McNally


As a class Kahikatea have been crafting some creative writing. They have been discussing that there are two kinds of writers; the ones who worry a lot and don’t write much and those who puke and write pages and pages without stopping to catch a breath. Sometimes we are one kind of writer one day and another the next and that is okay. The thing about writing Kahikatea discovered is that sometimes you need to write some rubbish in order to get some great ideas.
So Kahikatea started by practising the art of writing puke, not worrying about what they wrote but just letting the ideas flow. They did this by doing some three minute brainstorms on ‘chewing gum’ and ‘eggs’.
Next through the context of ‘snot’ they wrote similes and metaphors about all kinds of ‘snot’ experiences. Very gross indeed but nonetheless incredibly creative. Take a look at some of the wonderful ideas Kahikatea children wrote about ‘Snot’. Be prepared to be disgusted.
 
1     You have a cold-What colour is your snot. Compare it to something else, create a simile.
Responses:
Monique: My snot is like seaweed that has been sitting there for 10 years.
Laura: My snot it like melting ice cream on a sunny day.
Anton: My snot is like the colour of grain except more gooey.
Timothy: My snot is like the colour of freshly cut grass combined with the colour of the sun.
Tannar: My snot is as green as a trees leaves when they fall off, and they are getting blended.
Daniel: My snot is like wet green grass.
Madaleine: My snot is like the Planet Venus in a heat wave.
Ty Vince: My snot is as yellow and green as mint chewing gum.
Tylah Nicholson: My snot is like green water pouring out of my nose on a Winter’s day.
Tylah Nicholson: My snot is like seaweed slipping out of my nose.
Ben B: My snot is as green as the palms of a palm tree.
Niveek: My snot is as green as the leaves, as gooey as slime.
Mekeisha: My snot is like a little bundle of hay all wrapped in green lovely grass.
Nina: My snot is like freshly un ripened tomatoes.
Angus: My snot is like freshly cut flax.
Joel: My snot goes as runny as Usain Bolt at the Olympics.
Trish: My snot is like a candle dripping nonstop.
Tess: My snot is as yellow as the Autumn leaves.
Aarran: My snot is like green grass blended into juices.
Siva: My snot is like a Tornado as you pick your nose.
Tyler R: My snot is as green as grass

1 comment: